Sunday, June 12, 2011

Utah Valley Half Marathon

Blair and I ran in our very first half marathon on Saturday. We've been training for a few months, and it feels so gratifing to finally finish the race, and know that our hard work has paid off. Blair did unbelievable! He has worked so hard, and has been training for a while. He came in at 1:41 minutes. Keeping a steady 7:35 minute pace the whole time. For his first race, this is an amazing accomplishment. I am so proud of him. He worked so hard, and it definetly paid off!!!





We originally signed up the race back in March, because Blair was going to run in a relay race with some friends, but last minute a few of them weren't able to do the race. He decided to sign up for a half marathon, and some how talked me into doing it with him. Now, I'm so happy he did. I'm thankful to Blair for all of him encouragement and support he gave while I was training. This has definetly been one the most challanging things I have done. I am in no way athletic, and I never have been. And I'm not a runner, and I have always hated running. Now, I actually enjoy running and I like the satisfaction it gives me when I finish a hard run.

I can't say the run was easy for me. The first nine miles went smoothly. I was passed by A LOT of people. But I was ok with that. I started at the front with Blair, and I had to just keep my own steady pace, so I wouldn't burn out fast. Around mile 10, I didn't think I was going to finish. I somehow kept going, and luckily made it to the finish line. I came in at 2:22, which is better than I thought I was going to come in at, and I'm just happy I finished! :)

Do we want to do it again? Asks us in a few weeks, when our bodies aren't so sore!

4 comments:

The Other Wright Family said...

Congrats! That is awesome. Chris hates running too and I have been trying and trying to get him to start a race like that. Maybe someday :) Glad you two did it!

Kathy Badger said...

SOOOOO proud of you!!! I would have given up @ mile 5 I'm afraid:) How satisfying just to know you did it! Mark it off your bucket likst!!!

Dan and Heather said...

Nice Aubs!! I was waiting to hear how it went, what an accomplishment!! Now you can train me after this baby comes :)

Molly said...

Awesome! Like everyone else, I am totally impressed!

Hooray!

We anxiously await news of your first triathlon. ;)